Young Scientist Workshop
With the Young Scientists Workshop, the society offers a forum for intensive discussion of research work with other young researchers and proven experts. By actively participating in the Young Scientists Workshop, you can also take advantage of the following:
- In addition, each participating young researcher can take advantage of 1 year of free membership in the German Statistical Society.
- If participating in the Statistical Week, the participation fee is waived.
- If you are a member of the DStatG, you can subscribe to up to 2 journals.
- Young members (up to the age of 29) pay a reduced membership fee of 15 Euro.
Membership in the society until the age of 29.
- Young members (up to the age of 29) pay a reduced membership fee of 15 euros (more).
In addition, the society has set itself the goal of promoting young scientists. Anyone who, as a non-member, gives a lecture at an event of the German Statistical Society and has not yet reached the age of 35, has the opportunity – without paying a fee – to become a member for one year. Such a lecture activity is also associated with a further incentive: The Society may provide a travel allowance in such cases.
- A travel allowance of up to 250 euros can be granted to young scientists who give a lecture at the Statistical Week.
Attention: Deadline for the submission of applications for travel allowance for the Statistical Week is July 30th of the respective year. (Travel Expense Form)
- A free membership for one year is awarded by the German Statistical Society to speakers at one of the Society’s events (Statistical Week (Annual Meeting), Wiesbaden Colloquium, Young Scientists Workshop).
- Young members (up to the age of 29) pay a reduced membership fee of 15 Euro (more).