DStatG travel allowance for young scientists
The DStatG supports the participation of young scientists in prestigious international statistics conferences. We will cover your travel expenses and conference fees up to a total of 500,- € if you give a presentation.
What conditions do you have to fulfill?
- Your dissertation is not older than 3 years.
- You are a member of the DStatG.
- Your membership account is balanced at the time of application.
When can you submit an application?
At the latest 6 weeks before the start of the conference. You can already submit a request for travel allowance before the presentation submission has been accepted. Of course, funding will only be provided if you are accepted to present.
Presentations at which conferences are sponsored?
- Presentations at prestigious international conferences.
- These include, for example, the major meetings of ISI, Bernoulli Society, IMS, American Statistical Association, Royal Statistical Society, or Econometric Society.
- It can also be an international workshop on your area of expertise.
- The DStatG will decide on the eligibility of the conference based on your application.
How does the application process work?
- Submit an informal application with presentation title and conference description by mail to the address below. Please provide a rationale for why this event is relevant to you.
- If you are applying for funding before your presentation is accepted to the conference, you must include the decision date (this is important for our planning security). Then notify us of the decision in another email no later than 6 days after the announcement.
- Submit your receipts (including confirmation of attendance) no later than 6 weeks after the conference. For legal reasons, the DStatG cannot pay you a lump sum, but can only invoice you for the actual travel expenses incurred.
Sent your complete documents to:
Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft
Postfach 15 05